Thursday, October 31, 2013

Embracing the Silver





I’m beginning to embrace these silver-gray strands in my hair.

Reminders of life lived so far
And wisdom that comes with years.

Isn't silver something precious?

Why do we try to color away our perceived imperfections?

Seeing tarnish instead of brilliance?  

Why do we listen so intently to what the world says “should be”?
And sadly try too hard to be something we were never meant to be?

Whose approval is it we are seeking anyway?

And in the striving for this ever-elusive approval,
What are we truly missing?

I don’t want to miss the beauty in this moment.

None of these moments are ever a promise,
But each, a precious gift

From The One

Who is painting silver-beauty

Into my life.


“Since my youth, God, you have taught me,
and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God
till I declare Your power to the next generation,
Your mighty acts to all who are to come.
~ Psalm 71:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment