Saturday, February 1, 2014

Hope Like a Song


January seems to be a month of reflection, and when February comes, 

it feels like a month of hope.

Hope that spring is coming, 

hope that springs up in my heart like a song. 

A quiet, simple, effortless song that starts somewhere deep within with a single glorious note. At first it comes slow like the first drops of rain, but soon it’s like this rushing river curving along the edges of my spirit, smoothing out rough winter places in me that have become as hard as stone.

I’m thankful for this song, thankful that the old has passed and a new year has begun, where new verses will be added as snow and ice melt away. Knowing somewhere beneath the surface of the earth, there is life that has been sleeping, waiting to push its way up through the ground to feel the warmth of the sun shining on it fresh and new.

Hope feels so right, so true, so soothing. . . 

And to me it feels. . .

just like a song!

*******************************
Sing to the Lord a new song;
sing to the Lord, all the earth.  
Psalm 96:1
*******************************

4 comments:

  1. I love that little bird. And your beautiful photography. And your graceful, poetic prose. <3
    Happy February Julie. Happy Hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Oona! Happy February sweet friend! Your comments have blessed me more than you know and have added some beautiful notes to the song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been impressed with your photos and poems for years. Most impressive is your focus on eternity and giving all glory to God. Beautiful Julie! Love all that you are sharing.
    Your old friend, Corrine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Corrine! It's so good to hear from you!! I hope all is well dear friend. Thank you for your kind encouraging words here. I'm so grateful to have this place to share my heart for the Lord and to give Him glory. He set eternity in our hearts, and graces us with moments that we can see, and taste, and touch it. Won't it be awesome to see each other there one day? To laugh and embrace and forever give praise to Him? Some days I can hardly to wait!

    ReplyDelete